Saturday, May 14, 2011

From Farmers' Market to Beef Bourguignon!


Ever since I saw the movie Julie and Julia I have wanted to make Beef Bourguignon (and start a blog), so with our findings from our adventure at the farmers' market we decided to make my J&J inspired dinner.  After reading recipe reviews however, I decided to make Ina Garten's (who happens to be my Julia Child for many meals) beef bourguignon; upon reading the comments we decided to cook it for 3 hours.  

Cubed beef, seasoned with salt and pepper.

Baby carrots substituted for regular carrots, a personal preference. 

 The onions from the farmers' market.

 The Hamakua Mushrooms.

 Flambe! Oooh!

Large egg noodles 

 Toasted bread with a homemade roasted garlic butter. 

The 3 hour wait was well worth it! Dinner was delish!  

2 comments:

  1. First, that picture is the cutest! Hi, I have the cutest sister! Second, I've been wanting to try this, too- you're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete