Monday, February 7, 2011

Packing like a Pro




{via}
I used to be notorious for overpacking, but as I become a more seasoned traveler I have trained myself to pare down and survive with only a purse and a rolling carry-on.  By not checking in any luggage I have not only saved myself a lot of money, but also time at the baggage carousel and the agony that comes with lost and damaged luggage.
Since I only travel with a carry on, it is very important that I pack strategically. 
{via}
  • This means no bulky clothes allowed, and the clothes I do pack are grey, black, and white which makes coordination easier.  
  • When possible I try pack dresses because it requires less coordination and less pieces to pack. -Since weather.com says it will be in the 60's I will be sure to pack tights and spanx to keep me warm.    
  • I try to pack versatile sleep clothes ie. camis and tights that can be layered and worn during the day if necessary.  
  • I have a set travel toiletry bag that I always have ready which has a sewing kit, mini first aid kit and mini versions of all the essentials like face wash, hair spray, toothpaste, makeup remover, and lotion (already in a clear plastic bag).  I try to keep this bag easily accessible for the TSA security checkpoint.  
  • Hair products: straightener, curler, headband, and hat.  
  • I travel with tech gadgets like my computer, cell, and camera so it is very important that I fully charge everything before I pack them and then remember to pack the appropriate chargers.  
  • Shoes... humm... this is where I tend to over pack.  I plan to pack one pair of black pumps, a pair of shoes to work out, slippers, a pair of evening sandals, and my Uggs. 

I keep my more essential travel goodies in my purse.  
Travel Essentials
{via}
  • Wallet (with cash, ID and, credit cards)
  • Glasses and Sunglasses
  • Pashmina
  • Makeup
  • A snack and candy bar ;) 
  • Brush and rubber bands
  • iPod touch
  • Inflatable neck pillow and eye mask
  • One fashion magazine and one "current event" magazine
  • and I can't leave home without my Itinerary!

1 comment:

  1. I came your blog from "City of Dionne". Nice tips for traveling! I'm a Japanese woman who just started blog. Congratulations on your engagement.

    ReplyDelete