Thursday, June 14, 2012

Beauty Balm


BB creamsRecently I've been hearing a lot about beauty balms, more popularly referred to as "BB creams."  The claims to "moisturize, provide sun protection, prime skin for makeup, color correct, and minimize pore size" totally got my attention.  But there seems to be so many different options on the market by different brands and offered at a wide range of price points.  I am very intrigued and would like to try a BB cream but I can't decide how to decide which brand to try; I don't want to buy one (two, or a few) only to have it join my collection of abandoned/rarely used cosmetics.  Has anyone tried a BB cream or have a brand they would recommend?

image via here

1 comment:

  1. I've tried the Garnier BB cream. I really like it but I have nothing to compare it to. It's very light, evens out my skin tone. Does not have high coverage (I don't know if most BB creams do) and it smells fresh :P It only comes in 2 shades but even though I use the darker one it blends out very nicely!
    I really got onto the whole BB craze because foundation was just too heavy and unnecessary, I have normal skin and not many blemishes just some redness here and there. I know the US BB creams are nowhere near as great as the Asian ones though!

    But good luck and let me know what you choose!

    ReplyDelete