Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Glad Game

I was in a little bit of a bad mood this morning because my computer is on the fritz. I don't know much about computers but I know enough that the screen suddenly going dim it isn't a great thing. But rather than letting my computer situation ruin my day I decided to have a "Pollyanna" moment and focus on the things I am grateful for and that make me "glad."
I am glad that: 

  • I stepped out of the shower to fresh towels, laundered by the Mister. 
  • My Starbucks baristas had my drink ready even before I got to the counter. 
  • A friend called to set up a lunch date for sometime this week. 
  • I found out that I won a $50 gift card in an in-office drawing! 
  • Donne and I have a standing phone call date once a week to catch up and have some girl time. 
  • The Mister and I have great doggies that are well behaved and are always happy to greet us when we get home. 
  • Queenie has more free time now that she is on summer break and can meet me for dinner and play dates. 
  •  My dad called to see how my day was going and offered to let me use one if his spare monitors. 
  • A fellow foodie brought me a newspaper clipping of a featured restaurant, that he and his wife recommend. 

I am glad that I didn't let my computer issues bring down my mood because I have so much to be grateful for! Any and all positive thoughts that my computer will be fixed without completely replacing the LCD screen is greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. oooh that is a lot of things to be thankful for.Whenever I'm having a bad moment, I just inhale and count all my blessings and I realize that bad moment is just a small pinch compared to all the things that I am so thankful for. =)

    ReplyDelete