Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Daddy's Day

Dear Daddy,
We've had our rough patches, but I am thankful that over the years we have become closer and now have such a strong relationship.  Thank you for being there for me and all of the little, and not so little things that you do.
A special thank you for:
reading me bedtime stories, especially the long ones so I could stay up a little longer 
having tea parties and dinner picnics with me 
tucking me into bed (even though you burrito'd me in so tight I couldn't move)
decorating my bedroom on birthdays with presents, posters, and balloons  
teaching me how to play softball and making me proud to throw like girl 
being a soccer coach to me and my friends
taking a Seattle to San Diego road trip with me to look at colleges
being the laundry master and helping me to remove any and all stains 
washing my car, changing the oil, and on occasion, filling up the gas
cooking Sunday night dinners with me, and teaching me the clambake & meatloaf recipe
walking me down the aisle to marry my Mister
thank you for loving me
I love you too!

1 comment: