Friday, October 15, 2010

The Luxe Treatment

In preparation for Maui I scheduled my toes-ies a much needed pedicure at Luxe, a relatively new nail salon.  A couple weeks ago while at the mall I was intrigued by the Luxe's chic, garden vibe facade and grabbed a service menu.  The prices are quite reasonable and I booked a "pedi-on-the-go"($25).

Sweet Memories
{via}
The polish selection included OPI, Zoya, and Essie.  I opted for a nude colored OPI called "sweet memories." Yes, I chose the color because of the name!! I couldn't resisit, after all, it is the perfect polish name for a person heading on a Maui vaca!


The interior was as nice as the exterior.  I sat on a massage chair and had a flat screen TV right in front of me and another massage chair.  The service was great and I loved how my toes look.
In the rear of the salon there is a section designed for private parties that has 3 single chairs (shown above) and 2 doubles, loveseat style.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of these chairs are massage chairs (*squishy face*).  On the positive side, the set up looks like the perfect place for my bridesmaids and me to get mani/pedis before the wedding, albeit next year, so I inquired about hosting a private party at Luxe.  According to the manager, you can have private parties but prices for groups are not discounted.  She also mentined that you can bring in champagne or wine, for a $10 corkage fee.   The Big Day is still more than a year before so I will continue to scope nail salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment