Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Scones

Le dessert du jour is Pumpkin Scones! I chose this recipe for a few reasons: it looked easy to make, it got good reviews, and it was compared to the scones from Starbucks.
As promised, the recipe was quick and easy to make.  The Mister helped me make these scones and worked on preparing the dry ingredients (he loves using the measuring cups and spoons) while I whisked together the wet ingredients.  In the time it took to pre-heat the oven we had prepped the scones and started on the first of the two icings.  

Unfortunately, I haven't had the scones from Starbucks, so I cannot compare them, but the scones we baked tonight were very tasty (even without any icing) and the perfect snack to munch on while we watched our favorite Sunday night show, Brothers & Sisters.

2 comments:

  1. those scones look amazing! I am a new follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I have a can of that pumpkin puree in my cabinets...so sooo very tempted to whip these up!!

    ReplyDelete