Monday, November 1, 2010

A "Despicable" Halloween :)

{@the Kula Punkin Patch}
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Halloween! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because, as I have mentioned in a previous post, it is the kickoff for Holiday Season! In case anyone was wondering:

Holiday Season (noun): a period of time lasting approximately 5 months, and encompass most of the year's major holidays including Halloween, Thanksgiving, the Mister's Birthday, Mother's Birthday, Christmas, Daddy's Birthday, (future) Dad-in-Law's Birthday, Sister's Birthday, my Birthday, Valentine's Day, and Girls' Day.  It begins on Halloween and traditionally ends on March 3 (Girls' Day, a Japanese Holiday), although some people will extend the season and observe until Easter.

{the Mister and Charlie}
 This year for Halloween we dressed up as characters from Despicable Me (me, Agnes; the Mister, Gru; and 3 of the dogs, Minions), one of my favorite movies this year.  When I first decided that I was going to be Agnes I thought the most difficult part of my costume prep would be to find a large fluffy unicorn, but little did I know it would be the overalls that would be the biggest issue.  I went to all the major department stores, garden stores, Walmart, Target, KMart, and even Goodwill and other thrift stores - no overalls.  I couldn't let my costume suffer because no one has worn overalls since I have been in the 7th grade - I decided to take matters into my own hands and draw my overalls onto my yellow shirt!
{Agnes w/ unicorn, cookie wagon, and Minions}
I created the dog costumes using pieces of yellow fabric, safety pins, duct tape, permanent marker, velcro, and a hot glue gun.  While I made the dog costumes the Mister carved our Minion pumpkin.  The  Mister wasn't super pumped about dressing up but did cooperate and wear the "Gru" scarf and helped me prep and load my cookie wagon. It was a great Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment