Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Thankful Thanksgiving

On this Thanksgiving I am reminded of how truly blessed I am and how much I have to be thankful for:  
Preparing for Thanksgiving is altogether rather daunting especially when you are preparing for 4 parties but luckily, last night I was baking til almost midnight, and despite the fact that he had to be up at 4AM the Mister was in the kitchen with me measuring dry ingredients, washing dishes, and just keeping me company.  -I am incredibly thankful to be engaged to a wonderful, thoughtful, and loving guy who always makes me feel loved and appreciated.
Four Thanksgivings on one day is a bit excessive to some people, but I am thankful I had a chance to spend quality time with my parents as well as my (large) extended family and catch up with everyone.  
And although my stomach is stuffed after eating my way through four Thanksgivings, I am so very thankful that today, and all other days of the year I always have (more than enough) food to fill me.  I am also so incredibly thankful for a great bunch of friends who I can depend on and who support me in all that I do, my health which lets me get through each day worry and pain free, and a great education that has given me so many great opportunities.
And, as I am typing this blog, I am sitting on a nice comfy couch and I am reminded that I am very thankful that I have a warm and secure place to call home (and that my computer has spell check).
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment