Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's my Birthday!

Some people don't like birthdays because they just think about getting older, but I love birthdays, and think they are much less about age and more about celebrating a person and their life.    
Marie Antoinette Birthday Party
{via}
I owe my love for celebrating birthdays to my parents who always made a HUGE deal about my birthday!  Some of my favorite birthday memories include waking up, on my birthday, to a bedroom filled with streamers and posters, balloons on the ceiling and some on the floor, and birthday cards and presents everywhere (all over the house, in my backpack, my lunch...).

the_birthday_cupcake_by_instantvoodo
{via}
Today was just as special as all the birthdays I remember growing up.  Even before my birthday, I had already received a bunch of presents and cards (I love cards!!) from my sister and niece, one of my BFF's, the Mister, and the Mister's grandma!  And even though I had to be at work, today was a fabulous day!  When I woke up my blackberry was flashing and already filled with tons of birthday messages: one from Italy, a couple from Tokyo, and many from friends and family whom I haven't spoken with in months!  I even had my favorite Starbucks breakfast sandwich waiting for me at my desk when I got to work, presents from a bunch of co-workers, lunch with with the Mister and a bunch of the girls, phone calls from all of my favorite people, dinner with a good friend, and even a homemade chocolate cake!

{via}
I just finished writing my Thank You cards to my friends, family, and co-workers, and as I look at the stack of envelopes I can't help but think of just how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life who love me and celebrate me.

Today is also very special to be for another reason: this post is my 100th post!  YEAH!  
Thank you for reading and for your comments I appreciate it all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment