Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thirty Before 30!

{via}
I love making lists and I love birthdays, so naturally, I thought it would be exciting to make (and complete) a list of thirty things I would like to do before the big 3-0.  I started by googling and looking at other "Thirty Before 30" lists; I was surprised to see just how many people are in the process of completing and how many have completed their own list.  As I began to construct my list (months ago) I was surprised to discover just how difficult it is to create a list of fun and meaningful things that I could do, and would still find interesting and relevant months from now.  I also found that it was very important to me that I be able to challenge myself both mentally and physically, and that each item on the list be tangible and able to be accomplished.

Now that my list is complete I am excited and optimistic that my journey to thirty will be filled with fun, adventure, laughter, and love...

And so without further adieu, here is my "Thirty Before 30"
  1. Go Hiking 3/6/2011
  2. Be able to solve a Rubix Cube 
  3. Fold 1000 Cranes before the wedding (and teach the Mister to fold #1001)
  4. Get Married 11/19/2011
  5. Find my Perfect Red Lipstick 
  6. Have a Picnic
  7. Take and Pass the Series 66
  8. Have a Mothers' Day Tea/ Get-Together for the Family 5/7/2011
  9. Make 'Smores 
  10. Make Boeuf Bourguignon 5/14/2011
  11. Save for, and Buy Myself Something Fabulous and Timeless
  12. Go to Fukubukuro 1/1/2011
  13. Go to a Farmers' Market and Cook a Meal with my Findings 5/14/2011
  14. Go Wine Tasting 
  15. Drink Freshly Squeezed Fruit Juice 
  16. Buy a Lottery Ticket
  17. Do (and Complete) the 30 day Shred Challenge 
  18. Go Horseback Riding 
  19. Plant a Vegetable Garden 
  20. Go to a Carnival with the Mister 
  21. Go to the Beach  
  22. Make Jewelry 
  23. Fly a Kite 1/30/2011
  24. Shoot my Shotgun
  25. Go Bowling 
  26. Bake a Pie from Scratch 
  27. See the Sunrise and Sunset (on the same day)
  28. Make a Photo Book from my Trips with the Mister 
  29. Schedule a Happy Hour / Reunion for Work Friends
  30. Learn to Change a Flat Tire

1 comment:

  1. flat tires are the worst! i've never had one, but i did learn what to do in case of emergency outside my parent's house. but now that i think about it, i'd probably call AAA instead of attempting to do it on the side of the road haha

    ReplyDelete