Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Oh! Hello, Cupcake!

Today a GREAT friend brightened my day by bringing me a homemade cupcake!  The cupcake was deliciously moist but my favorite part was the frosting!!! 

The frosting was fudge-y but hot heavy, and not too sweet, almost like a dobash frosting.  This got me thinking, dobosh frosting isn't too difficult to make and would be a great and unexpected way to jazz up a box of the Mister's favorite, devils food cake!  In fact, the recipe I have has only six ingredients: 
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup (sweetened) cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt 
1/3 cup cornstarch

As I continued to enjoy my cup cake I was in for a great surprise:

OMG there was a fudge filling in the middle!  Ooohh! So good! 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment