Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tis the Season... of Giving

I love finding the perfect present for my friends and family.  It brings me a great deal of joy to know I can give someone a gift that will bring a smile to their face and make them happy.
To bring holiday cheer to local children, my office is supporting an organization called the Children's Alliance of Hawaii.  We have a Christmas tree in our main lobby with the names and holiday wishes of children.  Although some of the children are asking for MP3 players and "skinny jeans" others are asking for such simple things as a backpack, a book, shoes, and art supplies.  
The "angel"I selected is a little girl who wants a book or a game; I'm getting  her both.  It may not be much, but through a simple gift, it makes me happy to know that I am able to bring some holiday cheer to a child who may not otherwise have had any presents or a tree to put them under.  

No comments:

Post a Comment