Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wedding Update - Shoes

Even before Carrie Bradshaw made blue shoes the must have "something blue" for brides everywhere, I had dreamed of bright blue shoes tucked under my bridal gown.  
Carrie Bradshaw wearing Manolo Blahnik Something Blue satin pumps in the Sex and the City movie
Manolo Blahnik's Something Blue Satin Pump
Like most brides on a budget, I won't be wearing the Manolo's at my wedding, but thanks to some fashion forward shoe designers, like Martinez Valero, I will have the something blue I have always wanted!  I think my choice will be Martinez Valero's "Zoie" Pump from Nordstrom.  
Martinez Valero "Zoie" Pump
Note to brides thinking of blue dyeable shoes: be careful!  I have been warned by numerous people (including bridal shop owners) that rain, humidity, and even sweaty feet can cause dark colors such as blue to run.  I didn't want to take this risk of damaging my dream dress* so I decided against dye-able shoes and am opting for the Zoie's.  I'm so excited, even if most people don't see my shoes, I know my toesies will be happy!  I really love these shoes!

*I am still discussing and tweaking the dress customization plans with the bridal salon, but as soon as that is finalized I will let ya'll know what I pick!  

No comments:

Post a Comment